Today on Social Anxiety Theatre: mentally rehearsing elaborate justifications for completely innocuous actions just in case some hypothetical interlocutor demands an explanation.
Oh my god OTHER PEOPLE DO THIS TOO???
I had no idea this was so common. Damn.
People who say bi erasure doesn’t happen need to realize Freddie Mercury is known as the most famous homosexual man when he identified himself as bisexual. If that’s not bi erasure I don’t even know.
Also PoC erasure, most people don’t know he was 100% Indian
Specifically he was Parsi.
Fun fact! Trans and nonbinary people who choose not to go on hormones, get surgery, etc. are still totally valid! Nonbinary people who choose not to present as “androgynous” are still totally valid! Binary trans people who choose not to present traditionally feminine or masculine based on their gender are still totally valid!
Stop policing everyone’s identity. It isn’t difficult.
Pretty much, I hate my health class. Reasons?
1. The teacher just gives us the book and tells us what paperwork to do.
2. He doesn’t even grade it. He just looks over it to see if you wrote down something. I have wrote stuff about my fandoms and still have a 100
3. When we have test, he gives them to the student-teacher to grade.
4. He made us skip over the chapters about dealing with stress and depression, preventing suicide, and dealing with physical sexual and mental abuse.
5. What did we skip to? Muscle health. He is also trying to teach us that steroids are good and will not hurt you.
6. He always tells the guys to put up the tables and has the girls stand to the side. I set up more tables than most of the guys, and I am capable of putting them up. Another time it was raining and since we have to walk outside to get back to the main building, he said that since there were girls there he would let us go out the back. I guess if we were all guys we would just have to suck it up. There is no such thing as gender equality in there. (I wouldn’t even want to mention being genderfluid in there)
7. It is in a locker room. A locker room. It smells awful in there but we have to put up with it.